Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plan for Basement Electrical Outlets - Feedback Please

Thanks for your feedback guys. I forgot to mention that the lighting
will be on a sepearate 15A circuit (the circuit is already there si I
will just use it as is with a couple more lights added to it.

CC-
I will check into the number of outlets, but research I have done thus
far has not indicated any limit except for in non-residential
(commercial) applications.

I'll probably stick with the 20A outlets just incase. I can't imagine
using anything in my basement that will draw that much but the price
for the capability isn't that great.

scott21-
With regard to the GFCI... are you recommending that I place one GFCI
at the front of my cable run with the rest being conventional outlets?

Bob-
I feel your pain with your breaker problem! My microwave is somehow on
the same circuit as my kitchen & dining room lights as well as my
outdoor landscape lighting. Every once in a while If I have them all
on, the microwave will cause the breaker to kick. I need to check if a
15A circuit was used...the run is pretty long so maybe the current draw
is higher because of the current drop as well. One of these days I'm
going to run a dedicated line for that microwave.

In my basement, I don't see anything more than a TV or stereo,
computer, & refridgerator going at the same time so I'm pretty sure
I'll be safe with the 20A circuit (especially with the lights on their
own circuit).

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin