Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Plan for Basement Electrical Outlets - Feedback Please

wrote in message ups.com...
I'd apprecaite some feedback on my plan for wiring electrical outlets
in my basement (which I'm in the process of finishing)...

I'm finishing about 2/3 of my basement with the remaining 1/3 being a
dedicated storage area. The perimeter of the finished area is about
180 feet and I'm planning on having about 20 recepticals. I will only
be using a fraction of the recepticals at any given time but I just
want to make sure I always have one in the spot I need it, so I'm
throwing in extra ones.

I plan on using 12-2 copper wire with a 20A breaker & 20A rated
outlets.

I'd certainly use more than one line/breaker for that many recepticals.

Every receptical on my main floor is on one breaker. I can't run the microwave
and vacuum cleaner at the same time. That's one future project.

Bob