Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default damage from ethanol?

Goedjn wrote:
It's no less of a problem then, except generation of electricy might
be cheaper, especially as the cost of oil goes up. We could also burn
coal to make eletricity to generate hydrogen.

If you have the electricity to make hydrogen, what do you
need the hydrogen for?

Energy use is in several forms, not all of which can be met with wires
that carry electricity.

Petrochemicals (oil related, ethanol) are easily transportable, have
high energy density, and allow things like cars, truck, trains and
airplanes to run. A viable alternative MAY be hydrogen, if we can
figure out how to generate, store, and transport it safely and cost
effectively

Electricity can be generated using many source fuels, falling water,
coal, petrochemicals, nuclear to name the most popular. Electrical
generation of hydrogen is possible, but at what cost?????