Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default joining rail and stile with dovetails. Is this feasible and what do I need?

"Mike in Arkansas" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was going to put the glass in a rabbet on the backside. Isn't that
how is always done? Held in place with some small molding. I thought
that dovetail jigs were limited in the length of stock they could
handle. More for drawer widths.
Mike

Normally, the panel if wood, is trapped in a grove in the stile and rail.
If its glass, the a rabbet and some kind of retainer is used. I just worry
about kitchen cupboard doors with glass. China cabinets and other such
display cabinets are not generally subject to the abuse kitchen doors get.

I did some in my kitchen but used lexan instead of real glass.

http://www.teamcasa.org/workshop/ima...tchendoors.jpg

Dave