drew j.

Default craftsman 109.20630 mini lathe -- my first lathe!! yay!!

hi

i just bought a used craftsman 109.20630 mini lathe, and was wondering
if any of you guys could offer any advice about restoring/using it. i
am a complete metalworking novice, and could use any advice you could
offer or resources you could point me toward.

i'm specifically interested in getting a manual, threading chart &
assembly/exploded drawings of it, if possible.

it seems basically sound, although the original finish is gone & it's
kinda rusty. has a 4-jaw chuck & is missing the tailstock center.

also, can any of you please tell me how you go about centering a
workpiece up in a 4-jaw chuck that has independently moving jaws? do
you have to use a dial indicator on the bed to check runout & then
putz around with adjusting the jaws
individually in & out until there's no runout?

thanks very much!