Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default A bid to make BSI docs more widely available.

The other day it occurred to me that in the semi-legal world of ebay
someone would sooner or later be putting out PDFs of BSI publications.

Lo and behold there is an outfit that will send you a PDF for £5 or will
print and post it to you for £15.

Sooner or later they may be in trouble.

Because I think this is the right move for gas safety and other
construction related matters. I intend to purchase a few of these
(starting with BS5440 - the standard for flues to domestic gas
appliances below 70kW) I will then put them on my web site.
This seems a more open way than happens at present.
Gas colleges and test centres have these 'Bibles' chained to the desks!
And with a retail price of £140 it's not surprising.

If ordinary people can read for themselves what the rights and wrongs
of a matter this has got to be better than hearing snippets from
BG and CORGI 'priests'.

I trust this may be a useful resource (see the thread BG going OTT...)