Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Determining model number of freezer

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
I need movable one shelf, the plastic guard to make the bottom
shelf on the door usuable, and the door seal trim. The kick
plate is optional. A new upright freezer of equivalent size
would easily cost $800. I know I could get a chest freezer for
less, but I have one. Unfortunately it's not useable to me
since I've had two back operations and find it painful to bend.

An 11 cu ft is about $450. A 20 cu ft about $550
http://www.wcwood.com/cgi-bin/sortproduct.pl?option=all

The price of you parts will probably astonish you. The cost of operation of
an older model will be $120 to $170 a year more than a new one.

It's your money, your decision. Just not the bargain you may think you
have.