Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Looking for Morse taper/1-8 adapter

On Tue, 9 May 2006 13:50:16 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

Mike, one use is for centering a reversed piece onto a vacuum chuck.
Remove the item with chuck from the head spindle, put it on the tail
spindle adapter and move it up to the vacuum chuck nicely centered.
This was discussed at length in the past.

I haven't done it and I don't know if they are expensive, but it would
seem cheap & easy for a homeshop machinist to cut the head off a 4" 1X8
bolt and machine a male MT2 on it. Another item, Bill Noble?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Exactly, Arch...
Keep that crystal ball polished!