Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default I went to a Homier sale today

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well, let's do a little checking....

- Mini-lathe - "We expect a new shipment to arrive on or about
6/28/2006."

http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?Ses...cat=&sku=03911

- Mini-mill - Apparently not carried any more...not on the site.

- Bandsaw - "We expect a new shipment to arrive on or about 8/10/2006."

http://www.homier.com/detail.asp?Ses...=119&sku=03111

Why does this not surprise me....

It's not unusual to find items in the tent sale that are out of stock on
the website. But you wouldn't want to buy online anyway. Their shipping
charges are absurd.
I think their tent sale vendors are independent retailers and get
first shot at the inventory as it comes in. And I suspect they sell a
minilathe or minimill at ever sale when they have them, and then the
next 2 or 3 stops they are out until they can get re-supplied.

Excuse me...I need to go to my shop and give each of my old American
machines a hug of appreciation...

TMT