Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default Vacuum veneer pump

In article ,
pe wrote:

On Tue, 09 May 2006 20:41:27 -0000, Art Greenberg wrote:

I wouldn't take the hand-operatoed version seriously for anything other than
simple veneering of small work using PVA glue. Aside from the obvious
difficulty pumping down a larger bag & fixture, the fact is that no system is
entirely leak-free,

I have to disagree with this, at least related to some vacuum bags. My SO has
that vacuum storage system you see on the Home Shopping network.
http://www.comforthouse.com/spacebag.html
She has a couple that have stayed fully 'vacuum packed' for over two years.
Some leak some don't.

Seems to me, that she really *is* into all things vacuum, hence her
relationship with you.