Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Looking for discount source for stove bolts

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 May 2006 20:15:35 -0700, Harold and Susan Vordos

wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Where you at? I've got a 5 gallon pail of 5/8-16x4 bolts, if you're
near Wisconsin a case of beer will do it.

Blink. 5/8"-16"??

Good lord. Did I write that?

Chuckle!

Damned straight!! Looks like we all get a shot at being brain dead for a
moment. I was thinking it was just me.

Do you mean 3/8"-16"?

Indeed I do.

5/8"-18 is non-standard, and a lot larger than his requirement.
Damned good deal, regardless of description, assuming one has a need.

It's just taking up room in the shop at this point. If I had a need for
'em, sure, but more than a handful is wasted. It was an auction thing,
I wanted what they sold them with.

I bought the furnace portion of my 50 kw induction furnace that way.
Somehow, it got separated from the power supply, which was sold at auction
at least two years earlier. If you haven't figured this out yet, is was a
government auction, state level. No matter. They're just as screwed up as
the feds.

The guy that got the furnace was after a man lift that was in the mixed lot
of items. . I was going to bid---and no sooner started to raise my hand and
it (the lot of mixed goods) was gone. It is one case of feeling very
strongly that the auctioneer had something going with the bidder. The
entire lot went for $125, which I offered to the * successful* bidder for
the furnace, after the auction. It took a couple weeks to conclude the
deal. All it did is make the buyer suspicious, so he looked around to
see how much he could get for the furnace, which, luckily for me, was
nothing. Without a power supply, what good is it? Long story short,
after the two pieces being separated for a couple years, they are now housed
under a common roof. Auctions can be a good thing.

Harold