Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen

Default Lincoln SP125 Plus welder spot/stitch wanted

Eric R Snow wrote:
Greetings All,
While looking for a manual for this welder I just bought I came across
an options list for the thing. One option is a spot/stitch timer. I
can see how this would be VERY useful welding thin materials. Further
searching for one of these timers has been fruitless so far. I still
may find one. However, I'd rather make my own just for fun. And If I
need to end up buying one I'd rather buy one from someone here than
some stranger. It's nice to keep some money circulating among the rcm
denizens and my internet acquaintances. It looks like Lincoln no
longer has the manual in hard copy to mail to me but they do have it
in pdf format which I'm downloading as this is being written.
Thank You,
Eric R Snow

You'll probably have to build your own.
For some reason, this option, seem to nolonger exist.
I have an SP-150 with the spot/stitch option.
The machine I bought was a floor model, so I got the option
at no cost. I figured I might have a use it.
After using it, I dont think I would want a machine without it.

I think it be easy to build. Maybe a solid state relay & a timmer,
in series with the trigger. A switch for normal, spot, stitch.
I think I would add an off timmer. On the SP-150 the on time &
off time are the same, works fine.

I built a belt guard for a Roto-Hoe chipper/shreeder copy
I made. It was about 36"x18"x4" 16ga. Very little warping,
on something that would tied itself in a knot, otherwise.

Have you used a machine with the stitch option?

Now a question:
Can stitch mode be used with an autodark helmet,
without the helmet or operator going nuts?

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"