Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Ping Bruce Bergman

Ive been asked to install and wire in a number of Moog mills..these
are old, hydraulic based machines. Most of the cabinets say 25 amps
and in the fine print G 460 volts..while a couple of them do say 55
amps at 208. The client has 200 amp service..and I cant get him to
understand that there aint no ****ing way he is gonna run 4 Moogs, 2
OmniTurns, 3 Bridgeports, a Tree, and 3 manual mills on that 200 amp
service. No 460 service either..

Do you do work down in Costa Mesa, or do you have a recommendation for
a commercial electrician in that area, who can come in and give them a
quote on upgrading their service to 400 amps? Put in another service,
use the existing 200 amp as a sub etc.

The client actually asked me if we simply cant use a transformer to
"increase the power"...not step it up to 440..but to Increase the
power....blink blink

ooookay.

Gunner, saying a novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Motion.

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,