Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Default [OT] 99 Octane petrol

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:
I'm an "old boy", now. I worked in the motor trade between 1956 and 1988,
approx. I don't think that the "interesting idea" in question is a new
one.

I can't think of many very new ideas in engine development -
improvements made with materials, maybe.

Petrol injection? It's not that old.

Just a thought. Is the Wankel rotary engine still being used by anyone? I
believe that Mazda used one in some of their cars not so long ago.

These engines are why I mentioned head gasket thickness somewhere...

You've put "your foot in it", Chris. Find out more about these engines, and
you'll know why.
You wouldn't be testing my knowledge, would you?

Sylvain.