Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chip

Default Beko Fridge Freezer Autodefrost problem

On 8 May 2006 22:50:33 -0700,it is alleged that
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Typically in frost free units the fridge has no defrosting mechanism,
and relies on a large heat exhanger panel to remain above freezing
point. Water drains off down a tube at the bottom. I'd check the fridge
temp with a thermometer, and set the temp higher if its ok to. You may
find ice doesnt form then.

Thanks, that confirms my thoughts, I have a digital thermometer, the
fridge temp was 3.9 C.... I dropped the stat one half setting (was on
3, now on 2.5ish), I'll drop it again after confirming the temp is ok.

On that topic, isn't 4[ish] celsius the acceptable temp?

Frosting twice a week implies a lot of water vapour too, is the door
seal ok all round?

Yes, but a little 'tired'.

Someone standing there for ages with it open?

No but it does get a lot of opening and closing

Someone not closing it properly?

Combined with the tired seal, yes, likely.

Low fridge temp with failed or misadjusted stat?

See above, a little low at 3.9 but not outlandishly so...

Thanks for all the advice, I'll take a look next time I'm round there
and see how it goes.

NT

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
*no* account be allowed to do the job."