Posted to uk.d-i-y
lee

Default Oil pump pressure setting

"Digsy" wrote in message
news

Ok, the scenario:

My central heating oil burner oil pump is leaking - not a huge amount,
but it needs replacing. This I can do for a cool £40-ish, but the pump
pressure needs to be set after it is installed.

The pump pressure depends on the oil burner nozzle size.

The nozzle size depends on how the burner was set up to heat my house.

Now, according to the bumf that came with the house when I bought it,
there should be a sticker on the burner saying exactly what the nozzle
size, pump pressure and air settings should be. Surprise, surprise -
there isn't.

I have taken the nozzle out and checked what size it is - the
information on it is repeated below, but I don't trurst it 100% because
since my boiler was last serviced it has used an appreciably greater
amount of fuel than usual over a ten month period.

My question is, therefore, how can I, from first principles, work out
what the nozzle size and oil pressure should be for my burner, starting
from nothing? I have asked a couple of burner spares dealers but their
general approach is "Oooh, I couldn't possibly tell you without knowing
how your system was set up".

I fail to believe that comissioning a central heating boiler is such
rocket science that if the details aren't recoded on a special little
sticker then its lost forever and too hard to re-calculate. Can anyone
help?

Burner and nozzle details follow:

BURNER:

MONOFLAME
MADE IN ITALY BY ECOFLAM
MINOR 1 BETA 1
240V 50HZ
COD 55.01.01/37
D.TERM MIN 20,00 MAX 29,60KW
MIN 1,70 MAX 2,50 KG/H
LIGHT OIL
MAX VISC @20'C 6MM2/S 1.50'E
VAC 240 50HZ
SERIAL NO 96000031027 12/96

NOZZLE:

KG/H = 1.50
80'EH
0.5
6ZZ

--
Digsy

Please can you advise make and model of boiler. the data required is
usually found on the boiler data plate, not the burner, as the burner can be
used on several boilers.
If the pressure is not set correctly when recommissioning burner you can
cause a lot of problems with sooting of the boiler....not a nice job trying
to clean it!

Lee