Jeff Wisnia

Default Bloody cap screws...

"Robin S." wrote:

snipped

Anyway, has anyone thought up some kind of clamping fastener that doesn't
require a tool but fits into counterbored screw holes?

I'm assuming you're describing allen-head cap screws. If so, how about this:

Chop appropriate lengths off the correct size allen wrench, clean them and the
screws real good with solvent and glue the wrench pieces into the screw heads
with JB Weld. I'm suggesting gluing rather than silver soldering so you don't
have to worry about screwing up the hardness of the parts, but make your own
decision on that one.

That way you can use a nut driver or a socket wrench to turn those screws.
Depending on clearances, you can let the allen wrench pieces stick up enough so
that swarf can be easily whisked away to let the driver slip on.

Good luck,

Jeff

/rant

Regards,

Robin

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to
blame it on."