Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,sci.med.nutrition
Adrian Tupper

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

David Hansen wrote in
:

On Mon, 8 May 2006 21:59:36 +0100 someone who may be Tom Anderson
wrote this:-

I was thinking more along the lines of intrusive safety measures; if

we
valued human life more than our own convenience, we'd impose blanket

10
mph speed limits in towns, and enforce them, enforce all existing
safety-related rules properly, punish all driving offences by
disqualification, re-test everyone every five years, etc.

When the Health & Safety Executive were empire building a decade or
so ago they thought that transport was a good way to do this. They
got their grubby little hands on railway safety (and made the once
world respected Railway Inspectorate something of a laughing stock
after they had installed their Factory Inspectors in it). They then
looked at extending their empire to road safety, but ran away
screaming when they considered it.

Yes, that illustrated the point David. Every time there's a rail
"incident" we have inquiries etc etc etc. At one point there was a
suggestion that pedestrians should no longer be allowed to cross
railways at footpath crossings because someone got hit once. Apply that
one to roads, eh?

--
Adrian
Remove packaging and take out insurance before emailing me