Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default Tips on using end-feed plumbing fittings?

Following swiftly on from yesterday's plea for help using microbore
tubing (for which, many thanks for the replies!) I've been to buy
various fittings from the plumber's merchants and foud that the range of
these is graetly restricted in Yorkshire fittings compared with end-feed
items (presumably because that's what the pros normally use). So I've
decided it's time I bit the bullet and started using end-feed fittings,
Should save myself a few bob too!

I'm reasonably experienced with Yorkshire fittings and have no problems
using them. What I'm not clear about, in transferring my skills to
end-feed fittings is (I think) how you tell whether you've got solder
down the copper-copper interface, and enough of it to make a proper
joint? Easy enough with Yorkshires, when you see the silver ring appear...

Thanks as ever

David