Posted to alt.home.repair
Croco Stimpy

Default Outdoor Wood Question ?

You can have ours!

We are ripping out our deck and other pressure treated items.
It's all impregnated with arsenic. Very bad stuff.

I thought HD stopped selling that it. There are much better alternatives
that won't put you at risk for cancer.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have to replace a deck railing, and want to use an
outdoor protected wood; the typical kind HD sells that has the greenish
tint.

If I do, any problem with painting over this type of wood of wood as
compared to a regular pine board without
this impregnation ? Do I need a special paint, or primer? Do I need a
primer at all ?

Might as well also ask: if I go with regular wood, but paint it heavily,
think I could get away with doing it, or is "outdoor wood" a real
necessity ?

Thanks,
Bob