Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Robert Gammon wrote in
om:

Jim Yanik wrote:
Robert Gammon wrote in
om:

Jim Yanik wrote:

Robert Gammon wrote in
. com:

We can agree that the coyote abuse the HELL out of their customers
in all sorts of ways. Well publicized case here in South texas
where a 18 wheeler driver walked away from a rig in 90+ degree
heat leaving 20 some odd Hispanic refugees to nearly all die in
the heat last year.

However, the quantity of heroin and other controlled drugs sold in
the USA cannot be accounted for solely by the actions of mules.
Yes, there are drug mules, but I doubt that the folks who crontrol
the bulk of the narcotics trade use mules to move their product.
Yes Jamacians use mules to move drugs into Europe. I have doubts
that the massive cocaine production in South America, the massive
poppy fields across Asia move into the markets of the USA and
Europe to any significant degree in the guts of mules. Its
hundreds of tons of this stuff consumed each year, it can't all be
coming in the guts of mules, only a very very minor portion can be
accounted for in this manner.

Which has NOTHING to do with the fact that it's illegal and illegal
"immigrants" are the ones committing the felonies by being drug
mules. How much doesn't matter,it's STILL a felony crime.This is
just WEASELLING AWAY from the claim that Mexican illegals don't
commit crimes when coming to the US.

We can both agree that crossing any of the borders of the USA
without permission is a violation of US Immigration Law, and we
SHOULD not treat violators of this law any differently than
violators of any other law. However, we do treat them differently
than other criminals. Police forces (state and local) are not on
the lookout to arrest them, neither are National Guard, or the FBI.
Their faces and names are not posted in Post Offices and Police
Stations. We only have the US Border Patrol (on land) and their
bosses at the INS to enforce this law, and they do not have the
resources to shutdown illegal immigration. Heck the INS cannot
detect when a student overstays their visa to study at one of our
universities.

But to suggest that the heart of our drug problems would be solved
by getting rid of illegal immigrants who are being used as drug
mules is LUDICROUS!!!

Back the truck up;you cannot cite where I said anything of the sort.
I only said it demonstrates how Mexican illegals do other crimes than
just illegal entry.You need to learn to read,or quit trying to TWIST
the argument to numbers and quantities.

the problem we all have with your statements about illegals being drug
mules is that you imply

"imply" is what YOU read into it.
All I said was that it shows they commit crimes other than illegal entry.
Stop grabbing at implications to support your argument

that the problem is rampant, that a
significant portion of the illegals are mules. It is like saying this
group smells funny, that group talks weird, this other group eats
strange stuff, group c worships a false god, group d is violent just
because a few members of the group that we have met, seen on TV, or
read about in the papers exhibit these symptoms.

However, The stories in the press are about Legal visitors, on Tourist
Visas, people who fly into the country (USA, Canada, England, France,
Germany, Spain, etc) The rumors are that Mexican illegals are
carrying across drugs in their guts

AGAIN,you can't seem to read;I said the illegals backpack it,**the part
about swallowing condoms was to show that such small quantities are
evidently considered practical.**.
That's the part YOU can't get past.

as they walk across the border or
are driven across the border. We, as yet, have no facts to back this
up. We only have your statements that this is happening and the
statement published ont eh web about some US goverment official
complaining about illegals carrying drugs across the border.

Also,many state and local LEOs(and hospitals,social agencies,etc.) are
forbidden to inquire about immigration status,so data is unreliable.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik