Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Robert Gammon" wrote in message
om...

Jim Yanik wrote:

Robert Gammon wrote in
. com:

We can agree that the coyote abuse the HELL out of their customers
in all sorts of ways. Well publicized case here in South texas
where a 18 wheeler driver walked away from a rig in 90+ degree heat
leaving 20 some odd Hispanic refugees to nearly all die in the heat
last year.

However, the quantity of heroin and other controlled drugs sold in
the USA cannot be accounted for solely by the actions of mules.
Yes, there are drug mules, but I doubt that the folks who crontrol
the bulk of the narcotics trade use mules to move their product.
Yes Jamacians use mules to move drugs into Europe. I have doubts
that the massive cocaine production in South America, the massive
poppy fields across Asia move into the markets of the USA and
Europe to any significant degree in the guts of mules. Its
hundreds of tons of this stuff consumed each year, it can't all be
coming in the guts of mules, only a very very minor portion can be
accounted for in this manner.

Which has NOTHING to do with the fact that it's illegal and illegal
"immigrants" are the ones committing the felonies by being drug
mules. How much doesn't matter,it's STILL a felony crime.This is
just WEASELLING AWAY from the claim that Mexican illegals don't
commit crimes when coming to the US.

We can both agree that crossing any of the borders of the USA
without permission is a violation of US Immigration Law, and we
SHOULD not treat violators of this law any differently than violators
of any other law. However, we do treat them differently than other
criminals. Police forces (state and local) are not on the lookout
to arrest them, neither are National Guard, or the FBI. Their faces
and names are not posted in Post Offices and Police Stations. We
only have the US Border Patrol (on land) and their bosses at the INS
to enforce this law, and they do not have the resources to shutdown
illegal immigration. Heck the INS cannot detect when a student
overstays their visa to study at one of our universities.

But to suggest that the heart of our drug problems would be solved by
getting rid of illegal immigrants who are being used as drug mules is
LUDICROUS!!! We cannot possibly attribute illegals who act as mules
for the TONS of cocaine, marijuana, heroin, hashish, etc that flow
from the Third World nations to other parts of the world, USA
included. Yes, Columbia uses Mexico as a path to the USA. They also
use Florida, and most of the Gulf Coast states to move their product
into our system. If drug mules were eliminated, the drug lords would
find some other method to get the product in. Heck, it would only
make a difference to the marginal distributor one who only needed to
move modest amounts of product anyway.

Drugs are also coming over land borders with Canada, and even by canoe
in a few places, according to an interesting news story I saw a couple
of years back. And, the Coast Guard has stated clearly that there's no
way they can track every single pleasure boat that crosses the Great
Lakes or the St. Lawrence River.

Which has nothing to do with the Mexican border,where the majority of
illegal entry into the US occurs.

You an Gammon are trying to twist the argument into something else.

if we talk about illegals, we need to talk about ALL illegals, not just
Mexicans, but those from Central and South America, Asia, Canada,
Eastern Europe, Africa.

We are merely pointing out that Mexican illegals are not our only
problem, and that drug smuggling by illegal Mexicans is a minor part of
the US drug supply and a minor portion of the Mexican illegals are
participating in this drug trafficing.