Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

Robert Gammon wrote in
om:

Jim Yanik wrote:

Robert Gammon wrote in
. com:

We can agree that the coyote abuse the HELL out of their customers
in all sorts of ways. Well publicized case here in South texas
where a 18 wheeler driver walked away from a rig in 90+ degree
heat leaving 20 some odd Hispanic refugees to nearly all die in
the heat last year.

However, the quantity of heroin and other controlled drugs sold in
the USA cannot be accounted for solely by the actions of mules.
Yes, there are drug mules, but I doubt that the folks who crontrol
the bulk of the narcotics trade use mules to move their product.
Yes Jamacians use mules to move drugs into Europe. I have doubts
that the massive cocaine production in South America, the massive
poppy fields across Asia move into the markets of the USA and
Europe to any significant degree in the guts of mules. Its
hundreds of tons of this stuff consumed each year, it can't all be
coming in the guts of mules, only a very very minor portion can be
accounted for in this manner.

Which has NOTHING to do with the fact that it's illegal and illegal
"immigrants" are the ones committing the felonies by being drug
mules. How much doesn't matter,it's STILL a felony crime.This is
just WEASELLING AWAY from the claim that Mexican illegals don't
commit crimes when coming to the US.

We can both agree that crossing any of the borders of the USA
without permission is a violation of US Immigration Law, and we
SHOULD not treat violators of this law any differently than
violators of any other law. However, we do treat them differently
than other criminals. Police forces (state and local) are not on
the lookout to arrest them, neither are National Guard, or the FBI.
Their faces and names are not posted in Post Offices and Police
Stations. We only have the US Border Patrol (on land) and their
bosses at the INS to enforce this law, and they do not have the
resources to shutdown illegal immigration. Heck the INS cannot
detect when a student overstays their visa to study at one of our
universities.

But to suggest that the heart of our drug problems would be solved
by getting rid of illegal immigrants who are being used as drug
mules is LUDICROUS!!!

Back the truck up;you cannot cite where I said anything of the sort.
I only said it demonstrates how Mexican illegals do other crimes than
just illegal entry.You need to learn to read,or quit trying to TWIST
the argument to numbers and quantities.

Yes. Some Mexicans commit other crimes. Happy now? Good. But, it's
irrelevant until you can come up with STATISTICS from a reliable
source, which tell us how many are caught with illegal substances as
they're apprehended by border patrol agents. Are you clear on what I'm
asking for? Yes, or no?

Yes,I'm aware you're trying to minimize the illegals crimes by asking for
numbers.

You are basing most of your beliefs on crimes committed by illegals, OTHER
THAN the simple fact that they crossed the border illegally. How could I be
minimizing "crimes" while you "maximize" them?

It's also hard to establish any stats when local or state police are not
allowed to inquire about immigration status.(due to people like you)

I have no idea what you're talking about. But, it doesn't matter. I told you
to get stats from one agency: The INS. I don't care what other police
agencies have in their files.

Secure borders is a topic of US DHS. Even has its own web pages.

http://www.ice.gov/pi/topics/immref/index.htm

The point here is that illegals other than Mexicans are now in an
expedited program to deport them back to their homelands faster than
before OTHER THAN MEXICANS!!

Border patrol routinely catches and ships Mexicans back across the
border with 24 hours or less of detention when they are caught within 50
miles of the border.

A search of the ICE web site turns up lots of activity about drug
interdiction. But nothing in the top 10 links to documents talks about
mules. Airplanes, boats, trucks, yes. Drug Cartel leaders, yes. 1.2
million pounds of cocaine believed to have left Columbia for the USA
over the last 10 years, and that ONLY from ONE Cartel.