Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Default Remote Keypad Restorer

Has anyone ever used this Circuitworks Remote Keypad Restorer? I ordered a
couple units of it, as I had a large pile of valuable OEM remotes that I
wanted to refurbish and sell. The stuff seems to work great, well worth the
money, but it says I can only use it for 72 hours after mixing. Trouble is,
the stuff is going a lot further than I expected (done 100+ keys so far and
still have 75% or more left), and there's no way I'm going to use it up
within 72 hours. I wondered if there's anyway to make it last longer. Is it
as simple as sealing the cover with tape, to prevent evaporation? Or is
there some solvent I could add to the mixture to keep it moist? According to
the label, the main solvent is Methyl Alcohol. I have some 70% Methanol
here, but of course that's 30% water. Then I have some 99.9% Isopropanol,
but I'm not sure if that's chemically compatible.
Or maybe there's no point in trying, maybe I should be satisfied to fix
20-30 remotes with the one kit, and not worry about wasted product......
Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address