Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default collapsed compression joints

In article ,
. wrote:
why call it a /compression/ joint then ? in your world it would be
called a deformation joint which it isn't, it's a /compression/ joint.
methinks you're splitting hairs, why is anyones guess but if the
copper *tube* /deforms/ the joint is and will be defective.

Not so. I've taken many apart, which after removing the olive, show clear
signs of the pipe being indented under where the olive was. And non of
them leaked. If you've not seen this I'd say you have little experience.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.