Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,sci.med.nutrition
Tom Anderson

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

On Tue, 9 May 2006, The Reid wrote:

Following up to Tom Anderson

if we valued human life more than our own convenience, we'd

its a matter of balance, being reasonably safe while being able to get a
reasonable move on etc.

Exactly. We balance safety against freedom to move; the balance at present
indicates that we value the convenience we currently have more than a
couple of thousand lives a year. Or rather, the convenience we would stand
to lose if we tightened up on safety against the hundreds of lives we'd
save by doing it.

If safety was *everything* we would just stay at home as much as
possible.

A strawman argument, as you well know.

tom

--
Argumentative and pedantic, oh, yes. Although it's properly called
"correct" -- Huge