Posted to sci.electronics.repair
3T39

Default Tech: monitor missing green

Hello, jhuie!
You wrote on 8 May 2006 11:33:03 -0700:

j I have an arcade game and haven't been able to locate a schematic for
j the monitor. It's a Hantarex 25" Polo monitor. Anyway, the green is
j completely missing. There is a red and blue knob to adjust the
j colors
j but no green one. Someone told me that the green is controlled by a
j resistor and I'm supposed to adjust the red and blue to match that.

j If that's the case, then is it likely that the resistor could have
j failed to produce this problem? If so, how would I locate that
j sucker
j without a schematic? Or is it more likely to be something else? Bad
j tube? Etc.?

j Sumbuddy peas hep me!

First, Switch off and pull out the plug. Check the small panel on the end of
the CRT (may have to remove screening) for cracked solder joint (use
magnifying lens), If no luck, with the set still off, try swapping the red
and green wires on this panel and see if you get green when you switch on
now. If you see green after swapping wires then the tube is OK but green
video output device is not working, (Probably output failure, but could be
signal lost somewhere). If still no green then probably bad tube.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: