Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default We Had Hail, Should I Make A Claim?

gsd wrote:
Do you have any thoughts on if I should make a claim of hail damage,
or just pay for the roof myself?

some facts:

-The roof needed replacing before the hail

-I'm sure the hail caused some extra damage

-I can afford do have it repaired without making a claim

Maybe this is more of an insurance question. Will the claim make my
rates go up so that it's not worth it? I have a $500 deductable.

I suggest you call the insurance company. I called mine and they sent
someone out. I really did not think I had any real damage, although some
neighbors had ripped up screens.

The adjusted asked me to come out and he showed me the damage. They
covered a new roof (original was about 13 years old) and not only did not
get a rate increase the rate went down a little the next year.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit