Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default We Had Hail, Should I Make A Claim?

It may or may not effect your rates now but if you make another claim in the
near future, the combined claims sure will. It will effect your insurance
score, but that may not pan out to a rate hike until later.

Hail damage, at least, is not caused buy negligence or poor maintenence but
a claim shows your house is susceptable to such damage in the future and
unless the storm was a real rare freak, that will cause them to regard the
house as being more likely to make a claim in the future.

Combine a house susceptable to damage and an owner susceptable to making
claims, that's a red flag for them to raise rates.

"gsd" wrote in message

Do you have any thoughts on if I should make a claim of hail damage, or
just pay for the roof myself?

some facts:

-The roof needed replacing before the hail

-I'm sure the hail caused some extra damage

-I can afford do have it repaired without making a claim

Maybe this is more of an insurance question. Will the claim make my rates
go up so that it's not worth it? I have a $500 deductable.