Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default I went to a Homier sale today

On Mon, 08 May 2006 20:40:12 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Bradford Chaucer quickly quoth:

This is not a tool gloat; just the opposite in fact.

Anyhow, Homier brought their rolling road show to my town today. Of course
I was there shortly after opening.

Eagerly, unknowing was I, as I entered the sanctum, and shopping basket in
hand began a cruise of the rows of tools in search of those "Have to Haves"
I've somehow managed to live without. Man o Man, did my crest come rapidly
crashing down. WHAT CRAP!!! IMHO, Their stuff made a Harbor Freight Store
look look like a Snap-On warehouse!!!

No kidding. I saw one here in Grants Pass and was after their cheap
tarps. They, in their infinite wisdom, didn't bring any of the smaller
sizes I use so often.

I noticed that some of their prices were double that of HF and the
quality was something that HF surely would have tossed out as not
good enough for the 'Murrican market, who isn't that picky.

Jacksonville NC isn't the heart of tool country but this was sad, and that
was my first and last Homier truckload sale.

Ditto here in GP for me. It's amazing what the great unwashed masses
will buy, isn't it? Feh!

--
The ancient and curious thing called religion, as it shows itself in the
modern world, is often so overladen with excrescences and irrelevancies