Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Default I went to a Homier sale today

They do have a few good deals (mitering 4x6 bandsaw, mini-mill, mini-lathe,
sand blaster, creeper, self winding air hose) but most of their stuff is
junk.

"Bradford Chaucer" wrote in message
news
This is not a tool gloat; just the opposite in fact.

Anyhow, Homier brought their rolling road show to my town today. Of course
I was there shortly after opening.

Eagerly, unknowing was I, as I entered the sanctum, and shopping basket in
hand began a cruise of the rows of tools in search of those "Have to
Haves"
I've somehow managed to live without. Man o Man, did my crest come rapidly
crashing down. WHAT CRAP!!! IMHO, Their stuff made a Harbor Freight Store
look look like a Snap-On warehouse!!!

I looked at a set of flat spade bits. They where TIN plated (or at least
had a gold colored coating) but looked like they had been sharpened after
stamping, on an old section of concrete sidewalk. Likewise wrenchs looked
like the stuff in the 50cent throw away bin at the local hardware store.

They had some sort of small reciprocating saw (all plastic) with a sticky
jambing switch and a set of nblades that by and large looked gnawed out
rather than stamped or ground.

What was really amazing was the way the locals were scoffing the stuff
up -
the line to check out was around the building. I was gone within a half
hour.

Jacksonville NC isn't the heart of tool country but this was sad, and that
was my first and last Homier truckload sale.