Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Small Engine Repair

On Mon, 8 May 2006 12:20:02 -0500, "JMagerl"
wrote:

Spark is OK. THe orignal problem was that it would start in full choke but
would stall when I tried to turn the choke off.. As far as I can tell all
the gaskets and what not are in the right orientation ( after the third
try - long story involving a kitty cat that wanted to help).

Will look at the jet. I will look at the fuel filter again too. It looked OK
when I had it out but when I originally took the carb apart I noticed some
crude on the inlet screen (in the carb). I had a previous leaf blower that
had the fuel hose split allowing it to suck all sorts of junk into the carb.
Thats what I was expecting when I started this project.

So it ran with the choke on? It's fuel/air mixture as my
guess....starving for fuel..

Use caution, but I would pull the spark plug and pour a **small
amount** of fuel in the cylinder, replace plug and crank. (I'm
wondering if a piston ring is gunked up). Try to run the engine
again.

Let us know...

Oren
excused from saving Universes."