Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw

Default Machining a Go Cart Wheel Hub

Jeez, give the kid a break! He has some tools, he probably has access
to scrap material for free, and he has time!
Note the "rec." in the newsgroup title. This is recreational, and
doesn't need to be cost-justified.
Sometimes we want to make things because we can, for the pleasure of
doing so.

I totally understand that. Just asking him to think about what is
going into this. He implied money was a big deal, sometimes making it
yourself isn't the cheapest solution(even with "free" labor).

I'm all for making things, just because you can. Done it myself many
times. But he's trying to make a go kart. Not screw around trying to
make an adequate wheel hub to get it going.

There are a lot of other places on a go kart I would choose to spend
that much effort DIYing than on machining hubs. IMHO.

JW