Posted to rec.knives,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fillet knife blade's geometry?

Greetin's
the fishing was great, what little time I actually got to do any,, all
of one afternoon in 2 weeks
the catching however left much to be desired,, 4 small yellow perch
smaller than the crankbaits I'll be tossing next month,

I saw quite a few fish that I want to get back and try for once that
spieces season opens,, muskies in the 4 foot range,, just hanging right
at the surface soaking up the sun,, and I found out that if the person
running the boat startles one you didn't spot by getting the boat too
close to it, it can really shock you back from daydreaming!!
but that season doesn't open until next month. walleye and northern
pike both open in the middle of this month.

So instead of getting much fishing in Dad and I went over to his first
cousin's place so I could make up the piece parts he needed to rework
the way the front running gear is on his mower to correct a design
flaw,, I had to spend a good 4 hours with a bucket of mineral spirits
and rags to clean off about 10 to 15 years of grease and dust from his
old lathe before I had convinced myself that it was still capable of
boring a bearing seat for a sealed ball bearing,, it's been a good 30
years since the last time I ran an old Atlas,, and that one was about 3
or 4 sizes bigger than the one I had to work with,, Dad was very happy
with the parts when I got done so it was a good trip anyway.

have fun,
Bear