Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.chem.electrochem.battery,uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical
Jim Backus

Default Capacity of various Duracell AA cells?

|---------

|---------

|The Duracell web site has a technical page but it refers only to:
| (1) Ultra Digital
| (2) Coppertop
|http://www.duracell.com/oem/productdata/default.asp
|
|Is Ultra Digital the same as Ultra or the same as M3?
|Is Coppertop the same as Plus or the same as "ordinary"?

|yours confused

Confusion is Duracell's marketing ploy which you have fallen for :-(

Until Alkaline battery manufacturers state the Ampere hour capacity on each
battery, I will believe that they are all the same and buy the cheapest
available.

I've noted time between replacing batteries in a couple of appliances.
Duracell were best but not by enough to justify the prices in British
shops. Maplin were very poor. GP cells were close to Duracell at a
fraction of the price. Appliances were Palm 3, and a sony CD/Radio
alarm.

BTW, have other Brits noticed how the supermarkets tend to sell the
most expensive Duracells? When Duracell Plus were the top of the range
those were stocked, now they only stock the Ultra M3 range. What
happened to consumer choice?

--
Jim Backus OS/2 user since 1994
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot