Jeff Wisnia

Default 4 or 4 1/2 in. angle grinder from Harbor Freight

jim wrote:

harbor freight has some cheap angle grinder, one on sale for $9.99

snipped

expect to get a $300 unit quality, but for limited use is it worth it
and what can you do with it???? thanks for a reply......

I've had one of the $9.99 (on sale price) ones fro about three years, and
for the few times a year I need it it's been a real bargain. I know of one
welding shop which buys them buy the dozen like we buy Bic pens for the
office, and just tosses them out as they die.

One thing missing from the cheapest ones though is the "paddle switch" to
turn the motor on and off. The cheapy uses a thumb operated slide switch
which stays on, until you slide it off, and could exacerbate things if you
lost your grip on the tool and it started bouncing around on its own.

As for "what can you do with it" I leave that to your inventiveness. I've
used mine for stuff like cutting a few pieces of 1/2" flagstone to size to
cover a concrete back door step (with a masonry wheel), removing a bike lock
my kid lost the key for, and the usual snagging of the rough edges of steel
stuff I've cut with my HF "Chinese copy" of a Milwaukee portable bandsaw.

Just my .02

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone to
place the blame on."