Lennie the Lurker

Default OUR PRIORITIES (was The Maytag Man came by today)

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message ...

The one place I disagree with you, and TOTALLY, is taxing business entities.
Business does not pay tax, only consumers do. Regardless of the degree of
taxation, industry will pass along to the consumer every dime through
pricing of their goods or services, so who is really paying the tax?

I have no problems with tax reductions or elimination for charitable
organizations, churches pay no property tax, and serve individuals
well. I do object to St Gobain glass and Aire Liquide paying a lower
tax rate on their property than I pay on my residence. Especially
since the parent companies are both in france, our totally unreliable
allies. IF the street in front of my house is repaired, (replaced)
Guess who gets the bill? If the street in front of either of the
above mentioned entities is replaced, and they do not replace their
own private roads, I also get to pay my share of their replacement,
they pay nothing. I can see no reason for private individuals to be
forced out of homes they can no longer afford, and industry gets a
free ride. While it is true that they provide some employment,
without the people they employ, they could not exist.

How's Lennie? Any new (old) machines?

Production mill, U.S. Milling machine co, looks to be mid to late
40's. Soon as it's repaired, I'm going to dump it. Cutting keyways
by the thousands is something I don't need to do. (Excess backlash in
the knee screw, think a thrust bushing is gone, haven't really looked
yet.) Next spring before I do any more on it, too damn cold to work
in the garage. Got a number 1 B&O, scraping the old paint and filler
off, then will try to make it look good again. Got full set of
tooling with it, including a damn nice box mill. Mechanically it's in
good shape, has a bunch of tapped holes that need to be plugged, none
of any real consequence, just looks like hell. Couple of old
bandsaws, one with a 7 inch throat, the other with 24 inch throat.
Little one's cute as hell. Paid $2 for the little one, $4 for the
bigger. Cheap entertainment.

New computer coming today, 2.66ghz P4, one gig memory, 120 gig hard
drive. Linux box, screw anything micro$oft. Tired of windoze
crashing on frame 230 of a 500 frame animation. SuSe linux 9.0 Pro
edition. Got win XP on the 2 ghz pentium now, haven't found anything
it will run without crashing reliably. Just say no to anything
micro$oft touched, it's polluted.