Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.chem.electrochem.battery,uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Capacity of various Duracell AA cells?

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
One place I work at spends many thousands a year on alkaline cells for
radio mics, etc.

Hmmm! I'd of thought a company that uses batteries on a daily basis would
go in for rechargables?

They don't yet have a long enough life. The Micron UHF types I use just
about get through half a day (5 hours) on one PP3 alkaline. Anything less
would be unacceptable.

Then there's the problem of recharging perhaps some 50 PP3s per day across
the units.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.