Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews

Default Tips on using microbore plumbing?

"Lobster" wrote in message
I've finally decided to enter the 21st century and give microbore copper
tube a go for some radiators I need to install.

I've just run a couple of lengths of the stuff roughly in place, between
radiator and supply/feed pipes below the floorboards which has involved
some bending around curves etc; next I need to cut off the free ends to
the exact length before connecting them to the rad/pipework. (I'm using
15-10mm reducers in the TRVs/LSVs, ie compression fittings; and 15-10mm
Yorkshire fittings to the pipework).

Now clearly this stuff deforms extremely easily, but I'm mindful that I
need a perfectly circular section at the tips or my joints won't work.
I've bought one of these gizmos so it will cut cleanly:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...21946&ts=05537 but am
wondering about where it's been bent and straightened eg to get round
corners. Is there a way of protecting the ends or something, to stop them
getting deformed during installation? Or am I worrying over much?

Would welcome input from anyone who's experienced with the stuff!

David

Just cut a couple of inches off the end if it has deformed during
installation - assuming you have enough 'slack'. Don't forget to insulate
the pipes where you can and especially beneath the floors. heat loss is
lower than 15 and 22mm as the surface area is less but it's still
significant.

For what it's worth I've had a microbore system for over 25 years with no
problems.

Peter