Posted to alt.home.repair
JMagerl

Default Small Engine Repair

I have an Echo leaf Blower that no longer runs. I would like to rebuild the
carburetor. I can go to the Echo web site for information or I can go to the
Walbro (the carburetor maker) web site for information. Unfortunately the
two sites differ.

It is a Walbro WYJ-316 Carburetor (as stamped on the body). The Walbro site
lists 6 different gaskets and diaphrams. The ECHO web page for the same
carburetor lists 4 gaskets and diaphrams and infact if you disassemble the
carb, there are 4.

So...no brainer you say.....I bought the ECHO rebuild kit....it came today
with 6 gaskets and diaphrams. So I ignore the 2 extra gaskets and rebuild my
carburetor....wait...there is a rubber Oring (about .2 inch diameter), what
the heck is this for? It doesnt show up on any documentation from either web
site....so I ignore it too and reassemble my carburetor....

Crap! it doesnt work. There is something about the primer bulb that is not
sucking up fuel. The entire fuel line is dry and no amount of priming will
suck it up. I soaked the pieces in Gumout for 24 hrs and as far as I can see
all holes are clear

Where do I look? I took it apart again and everything appears to be in the
correct place and orientation. Do I use all 6 diaphrams and gaskets? Is this
where I break down and buy a new carburetor? I think I need some expert
help.

Links to the exploded diagrams follow (both ECHO and Walbro sites):
Echo: http://www.echo-usa.com/oot/docs/PB260261Li_022006.pdf Go to page 26
Walbro:
http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/product...=WYJ%2D316%2D1