Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
(Doug Miller) wrote in
. com:

In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
rodigy.com...
In article , "Joseph
Meehan" wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:...
I note that now many illegals are bringing illegal drugs along
with them to help defray the cost of their being smuggled into
the US. IOW,mules.

Really! So if we were to open the boarders then we could
stop this
kind of drug trade.

Think it through...

If we open the borders, then the ones who are now bringing drugs
across to pay
for their passage can just as easily -- probably *more* easily
-- continue to
bring drugs across, this time to sell, and *keep* the money
instead of having
to give it to the people who smuggle them across.

In other words, open borders = dramatically *increased*
incentive to smuggle
drugs into the country. And dramatically increased *opportunity*
to do so. Regards,

Why are you so focused on drugs? There's little or nothing we can
do to stop them. Where there's demand, someone will appear with a
supply. Prohibition didn't work. Neither does the "war on drugs".

"Focused on drugs"? Not me. I was just responding to the silly
idea that open borders would somehow reduce the drug problem. Of
course you're right that the "sar on drugs" isn't working, and for
exactly the same reason that Prohibition didn't.

People here made the claim that illegals don't commit many
crimes,generally
"obey the law". The fact that they smuggle drugs is one more
datapoint proving otherwise.

Maybe you should define WHAT TYPE of illegals you're talking about.
Certainly, you'd agree that the largest sheer numbers consist of
people coming over the border with Mexico, looking for work.

And committing all sorts of crimes besides illegal entry.
(the drugs are allegedly carried as part-payment for the smuggler's
guidance in getting to the US undetected)
Jim Yanik

So what? Deal with the demand, not the supply. I can get heroin, pot,
meth and anything else I want, any time I want. I choose not to. Write
to your erected slobs and tell them to legalize drugs. Then, we'll all
have no choice but to speak to our children honestly about ALL
substance abuse. Oh my. What a concept.

I too believe drugs should be decriminalized,but AT THE PRESENT TIME,they
ARE illegal,and the illegal "immigrants" are at this time,breaking our
laws.That is the point you and others seem to be missing.

It seems you are saying that because foreigners break our laws,we need to
change our laws,get rid of them,or ignore them.
That's NOT the way it works.
Jim Yanik

No. I'm saying to focus on what's important. If the drug laws vanished, a
major part of your argument here would turn to vapor. Matter of fact, it's
ALREADY vapor. You have no statistics to indicate how prevalent drug
smuggling is among people crossing the border from Mexico.