Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brian G

Default Philips Flat Screen TV problems (UK)

"Brian G" wrote in message
As TV diagnostics/repairs are a complete mystery to me, I wonder if anyone
here could throw some light on the following problem please?

Here in the UK, I have a Phillips 28" Flat Screen TV that's about four

years
old and has suddenly 'lost' its picture once a week for the last four

weeks.
When this happens, there is no way that I can get the TV to switch into
'normal' viewing mode.

The symptoms a

1 - Whilst the TV is on, it will suddenly emit a loud cracking noise and

the
screen will go blank.

2 - After the picture has gone, the TV Power On light stays lit as if the
picture was operating normally.

3 - The buttons on the remote control handset will not work the TV -
(batteries are ok).

4 - The picture cannot be turned on using the manual controls built into

the
top of the set.

5 - Switching the power off and leaving it off for up to an hour and then
turning it back on will not get the TV to work normally - Power On light
stays as described above.

6 -The TV will work normally the following morning if left switched off
overnight and then turned on.

Many thanks

Brian G

Thanks Ben and Dave for your replies.

The repair company will be calling to pick the set up on Thursday and as it
may be of help to Kirsty, I'll post back the results once I know them.

Brian G