Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Urgent: Need advice - balcony with lightweight concrete decking

Thanks to all for helping. My engineered drawings show a wood deck
with 14 lb/sqft dead weight I believe. The concrete guy finally told
me most of his balcony pours are 3 to 4 inches thick. That means
adding 29 lb/sqft to the dead weight for a total around 40 lb/sqft
which isn't really too bad.

I got lucky yesterday and happened across a 32 unit building being
built with concrete balconies. Looks like 2x10's with 4x10's at each
end and across the front edge and posts. They were using that glued
plywood but I couldn't tell how thick it was or what they had for vapor
barrior so all your help was greatly appreciated. The concrete stuck
out over the edge about 4 inches.

Thanks.