Posted to rec.woodworking
JD

Default Qx on a Joint - Wood Joint That Is

On Thu, 04 May 2006 20:38:08 -0500, Tom Banes wrote:

Building a wine rack for the daughter. She wants it to fit into a shelf
over their refrigerator. I "designed" the rack to be assembled inside
the shelf facings - put the pieces in and put it together in place.

. . .

The location over a refrigerator sounds like a potentially problematic
idea for your project and for the wine. It will on average be warmer than
the rest of the dwelling and of very changeable humidity, if the location
of the cabinet is a kitchen. that could be hard on the wood, causing the
joints to work, and hard on the wine. All my serious wine consuming
friends insist on a cool temperature- less than 55 degrees F for their
"cellars." Poking around with a search engine, the recommendations also
mention a humidity of about 60 to 70 per cent for storage.

Good luck,
JD