Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Default Power Driveway Sweeper?

God, I'm tired of manually scraping 1-2" of tree junk off my driveway.
What I need is a gas powered push type reel-mower type thing with a
rotating bristle brush up front to blast the junk ahead of it. Called
the local rental place: "$40 for 4 hours (sucker)". As Chris Rock would
say: "Good Lowd, that's alota money". Checked HF; no go. I suppose I
could whip something up- another project on the long list.
Ideas? source for a drum shaped bristle brush?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

A front tine rototiller with brushes installed and pulled backwards behind
your tractor? You could leave the wheels on and use the skeg arm to attach
it to the tractor and have an adjustment up to the handlebats to set the
amount of contact for the brushes. You would probably need some way to set
it at an angle so it sweeps to one side.
Or if ya want to walk behind it. Use the same type brushes with a bagger
behind for the tree junk to fly into and adjust how fast it travels over the
driveway by how ya hold the handles. Sorta like one of the old gas powered
reel mowers.

My favorite way to get rid of that stuff is with a blower and my chipper.
The chipper has a chute that drops down so you can blow stuff into it or
rake it into it. I put some side boards on the intake chute to make a
bigger target. It is a 10HP chipper/shredder and has a bagger attachment.
It always amazes me how I can put a good sized truckload of tree junk into a
garbage bage or two. I usually just set it to blow someplace I want the
chips to be like the garden and blow all the tree junk to it.

Glenn