Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default Hoist Davit is Complete!

"Don Foreman" wrote

I am now thoroughly confused. I envisioned a 150" high upside-down L,
like a gallows. The stuff about pins at top and bottom, saddle,
concrete base and 8x8 post has me baffled.

Follow me:

Three pieces:
one 150" long
one 48" long
one 21" long, each end cut on the diagonal

Assembled as you say, a gallows

Two pins welded along the center axis top and bottom of the 150" piece

The "gallows" sill sit into a receiver hole in a metal receiver that is
encased in in a concrete base.

The top pin will go into a short extension that comes off a beam end that
sticks out past the 8x8 vertical roof support at the corner of the deck.

Because it is at the corner of the top deck, it can rotate about 270
degrees.

A hoist is placed at the end of the gallows arm.

When I get it up, I shall post it to the mailbox.

I'm just mounting a swinging gallows arm on two pins.

Steve