Steve Rumsby

Default Stainless steel sink - cleaning

"David" wrote in message
om...
"Ed" wrote in message

I've only had the new Franke sink a few months and now it's starting to

get
a light tan hue from tea stains.

Use my old granny's tried-and-tested method for removing said stains
from the inside of her teapot (why did she mind about it?!) - soak in
a fairly concentrated solution of clothes washing powder. Works a
treat with no need for abrasives.

Seconded.

I've used the same trick on both stainless steel teapots and sinks. A
generous helping of washing powder and hot water, and leave to soak for a
while. If doing this to a teapot, rinse thoroughly afterwards. And then
rinse again. And again. And then vow never to clean the thing ever again
because tea tastes 'orrible for ages afterwards!

On the other hand, on a sink it does a fantastic job.

Steve.