Posted to alt.home.repair
Darrell Dorsey

Default No hot water in washing machine

wrote in message
oups.com...
The new water inlet valve came with 2 filters. Both are clean. (There
are no filters on the tap end of the hoses).

As suggested, I switched the hoses (connecting the hot-water hose to
the "cold" side of the inlet valve and the cold-water hose to the "hot"
side). Now, I'm getting hot water into the washing machine but no cold
water.

Any I ideas?

For what ever reason the hotside of the inlet valve is not opening. Sounds
like the electronics that control the opening of that side have failed. If
you have a VOM check and see if you are getting any power to solinoid on the
hotside. You might start at 110V, but it could be 24 or 12 volts.

Darrell