Harold & Susan Vordos

Default OUR PRIORITIES (was The Maytag Man came by today)

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
om...
"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

Realistically, your message could have easily read "should be torn

down",
full stop. The idea of SS sucks

Yet, if you had to pay full taxes on the schemes that many
conservatives used to be able to cry about the cost, you'd cry about
that too. IF you want to tear down something, and you seem to have
that foremost on your mind,

Tear down any system for government loan guarantees to corporate or
other business interests. Apply the full commercial tax rate to the
land they own, apply full income tax on their net incomes, before the
stockholder gets one ****ing cent. Tear down the structures for
mineral rights, water rights, timber rights, most of which were
"Purchased" more than a century ago, for the grand sum of One ****ing
Dollar, and are in force on privately owned lands even today. Those
are the programs that do nothing to help the average person today, yet
highly valued and protected to the death by their scab sucking slaves,
the republican party. Token payments for raping and ruining a public
park are only symbols that America is for sale if you've got the
bucks. The one thing that can be said for SS that cannot be said for
any of the business giveaways, it works, and will unless the
repubicanreptiles get their stinking fingers in it to **** it up
totally. They're trying.

I think you should read my message such that it is against government
intervention in citizens private lives. What the hell, are we communists
here, relying on the government to provide us everything, including our
thoughts? I am not in favor of SS, nor anything remotely related to it, but
that's not the hand I was dealt.

In spite of the fact that I had hoped to opt out of SS when I became self
employed, I was not so permitted, and now that I am of retirement age, like
you, I think it works, and works fine. It may run like a pig on stilts, but
it runs. Money was involuntarily taken from me under the threat of legal
entanglements, so I paid. I have absolutely no conscience about receiving
my monthly check now, and if I have any hard feelings, it's towards those
that tapped what used to be a SS fund, money that was supposedly set aside
for SS. Those *******s in government couldn't stand to see that money
sitting when they could get it involved in a few sweetheart deals, as I
understand it. I'm a terrible student of history and government in
general, so perhaps I don't have it right.

The one place I disagree with you, and TOTALLY, is taxing business entities.
Business does not pay tax, only consumers do. Regardless of the degree of
taxation, industry will pass along to the consumer every dime through
pricing of their goods or services, so who is really paying the tax?

How's Lennie? Any new (old) machines?

Harold