Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley steel Straight edge

wrote:
I was just wondering. Are thier tools made in the USA? Last I knew
Starrett still is. And thats a good thing.

MOST of Starrett still is. But they too have a factory (supposedly
their own) in China. Anything that says "Gobal Series" is made in
Chaiwan.

I can't vouch for the quality of their overseas stuff, but I will say
the quality of their American stuff is plumetting. Just bought a set
of their 12" Yankeee dividers. At $43 a pop, you would think the legs
would have been straight.

But you would have been wrong.

Same goes for a tape measure I bought from them. It advertised a
Chrome case. I suppose there was chrome in the paint covering the
****ty flimsy plastic, but make no mistake about it...it was still
****ty flimsy plastic. My girlfriend even looked at it and said "what
a piece of ****."